The Competent Crew course covers a mix of theory and practical training according to the Sail Canada Standards:
On this course you will gain a basic understanding of all aspects of safety on board, emergency responses, safe seamanship, and basic crewing techniques. You will also dip your toes into navigation, collision regulations, weather, anchoring, docking, and much more.
The Competent Crew course lays the groundwork for you to be a valuable crew member on a cruising adventure and be ready for the next level as you work your way up to becoming the skipper.
Upon Completion: Logbook, Sail Canada Certificate
* Day sailing: Theory (12 hours) with written exam + Practice (18 hours)
* Live aboard: 4 days with written exam
* Challenge: minimum 4 hours with written exam
Instructor: Oleg Nakarikov, Sail Canada Certified Instructor, RYA Yachtmaster Ocean.School Boat: Hunter 33
1. Theory (18 hours) - in the classroom or online
Winter session: February 4, 6, 10 Exam February 14 from 6.30pm to 10pm
Spring Session: May 4, 6, 10 Exam May 14 from 6.30pm to 10pm
Address: SAIL LA VIE SAILNG SCHOOL, 10271 Yonge St # 357, Richmond Hill, ON, Canada L4C 3B52.
Practice (24 hours) – from June 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020 by additional schedule of 3 outlets per 6 hours each for mini group of 4 students
Locations: Lake Simcoe:
· Friday Harbour Resort. Address: 3999 Friday Dr, Innisfil, ON L9S 0J7,
· Lagoon City, Brechin Dray Dock Marina. Address: 150 Laguna Pkwy, Brechin, ON L0K 1B0
Ontario Lake: · Toronto, Mimico Cruising Club. Address: 200 Humber Bay Park Rd W, Etobicoke, ON M8V 3X7