This live-aboard course follows the Basic Cruising standard in the Sail Canada keelboat and cruising training system. Students will participate in operation of the vessel as crew and as skipper. The vessel will be operated under sail and power while making daytime passages. The ability to act as skipper and crew in operation of a sailing vessel by day in unfamiliar waters will be developed, while building the skills and experience needed for live-aboard cruises and bareboat charter.
INSTRUCTOR: Oleg Nakarikov, Sail Canada Certified Instructor, RYA Yachtmaster Ocean.
SCHOOL BOAT: Hunter 33
Monohull up to 50 feet
1. Theory (18 hours) - in the classroom or online
Every second week of the month.
AIL LA VIE SAILING SCHOOL, 10271 Yonge St # 357, Richmond Hill, ON, Canada L4C 3B5
· Lake Ontario: upon request
Practice covered :
UPON COMPLETION: Sail Canada Certificate
The course could be presented in 2 languages: in English according to the terminology and rules of sailing and in Russian with a detailed explanation
• Theory: CAD 400 + HST
On-line materials, Sail Canada Registration are included
• Practice at Lake Simcoe CAD 2000 + HST
• by e-transfer to email@example.com
• by check to SAIL LAVIE SAILNG CLUB INC.,
10271 Yonge St # 357, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 3B5
Item to address:
· Crew ability and links (see the initial assignment)
· Crew involvement
· Weather expectations
· Anchorages, characteristics, concerns, reason of anchorage
· Customs port
· Accurate plotted headings, ETA’s, navigational safety concerns, currents, expected wind(direction & strength)
· Position, accuracy, log
· Any sailing directions or cruising guides available
· Factor in minimum of 2 hours per day of training maneuvers(one doesn’t learn much on a 5 hours single tack to a distant island)
· Use of resources
Intermediate Course includes provisioning and preparation of meals by students. Candidates should make a plan to get provision in advance.
You need to have:
Life jacket with harness and teaser
Boat shoes or boots
Plotting tools (one for the crew)